Price of Natural Gas in You Area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
I look at my gas bill. Thankfully, I heat mostly with wood, but I am mad at my Public Service Commission. I'm in WV and they have approved 11.00 an MCF for Moutaineer Gas.

This is crazy. The wholesale price is 4.00 or less. I read where Columbia Gas of Ohio is charging 4.85 for an MCF.

What are you guys paying?

Say what? Mountaineer filed a request with the PSC last month for a 12.57% rate DECREASE.

I saw an article in the Blue Field Telegraph that says that. It also says, that the current rate is $8.094. My bill says almost 11.00. The article also says the rate will go to 7.13

I'm confused now.

I haven't had gas since I left Northern Virginia. :p Rick

Natural gas in Lynchburg Va is $1.04 per therm or 100 cubic feet. Locked in until November 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.