Prices paid for Hampton Hi300, Jopi Declaration, and VC Montpelier. Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney_2010

Jan 25, 2009
Midwest
I am interested in these three inserts but mainly the Hampton and would really like to know the prices you all have paid for them.
Also anything important i should know about any of them.
Thanks in advance.

I was quoted $3000 for the Declaration back in Jan. 08. Needless to say, I passed on that one.

Is that just for the unit itself? If so that is several hundred more than I am looking for. And what did you end up buying?

Also if you have one of these three will you post pics or a link to pics. Please and thanks:)

By me the price installed for a liner and hampton w/o liner insulation or a block off plate run 4900-5500.

I just paid 3200 for the hampton and 1000 for installation.

Wow I was thinking closer to 2000-2500 for the unit and 400-500 for liner and another 400-500 for install.. How hard do you think it would be to install ourselves? We will already be redoing the fireplace as we have to tear out the tile to get the current prefab fireplace out. Or how much do you think having just the liner installed would be?
I'm hoping we make it to a dealer this week so we will find out then I guess..
Thanks

The 1000 for the installation did include the cost of the liner. So installation is the same, but the unit itself was 3200 with a free blower, a special every September.

I think my Hampton was around $4300 installed. Shopped around and waited almost a year and that was the cheapest I could find. The blower at times is offered for free.

HI300 purchased during promo period (Aug/Nov)

$2187 - Black Matallic with Free Blower Kit and Standard Surround - cash and carry
$1300 - Private Sweep Install - 25' SS 6" Flex liner, install stove, connect flue pipe, install cap and top plate.

$300 - Install insulation around liner and block off plate (postponed to Spring 2009).

gmoney_2010 said:
That's more of the price I'm looking for..
It took some work to get this price. I called around to 4 dealers within reach and I was surprised in the price difference. He was $500 lower than the high mark and about $250 from the other dealers. This was cash and carry as well. One thing I noticed about this dealer compared to others, his showroom was nothing to write home about. My take is he had the least overhead and his price showed it.

I don't know if I should start a new thread or just ask here or if there is already one out there but we will be tearing out the tile surround and hearth on our current pre fab fireplace, so besides the tile its all just wood framing elevated about a foot off of a concrete slab. I looked up the chiminey a couple days ago and it is a straight shot from connection on fireplace to top of chiminey. Its an 8" stainless chiminey which I assume the builder insulated when we built the house but who knows. So do we still need to insulate the 6" liner? Idk if we will do the install ourselves or not. And I don't know what it will look like when we pull the tile and fireplace out but I think we are going to do some type of a large flat stone hearth with matching stone on the wall inside the mantle area.. So should the hearth stone continue to the back of fireplace opening for the insert to sit on or can it just stop at the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.