Problem controling temperature on Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firelady

Jan 27, 2009
Western MA
Having problems controlling temperature on stove. The stove seems to operate on high no matter what you set the room temperature to. We tried moving the temperature sensor from under the stove to the side of it and that didn't resolve the issue. Seems like when you move the temperature control down that it doesn't change the output of the stove. We are thinking that either the probe is bad or their is a problem with the control board. Any suggestions ?

Are you using stove temp mode or a thermostat mode?

stove temp controls heat by the selection number (variable heat mode), thermostat mode will crank the heat until the desired temp has been reached

temp probe has to be up off the floor to get a good indication of the actual temp of the room. Halfway up the wall, and as far away from the stove as possible.

I extended mine down an adjacent wall, pinned up behind a couch. A couple of times, the probe got knocked down and fell on the floor...stove went nuts! (full-blast, overheating the room). Its cold down there on the floor. as soon as the probe is put back where it needs to be...everything is fine. (I finally safety-pinned it to the back of the couch, so it won't fall again.)

what is your feed adjustment on? have you tried starting using the factory recommendations?

room temp M (middle of L and H)
temp 4 (70 deg)
feed rate 4
igniter AUTO

let it run for 45 min or so then move the temp down slightly and see if the combustion blower kicks to low if it never slows down I would guess a bad sensor but I would request a second opinion

This is my first year with any type of pellet burner. I have the Harman Accentra. I have done quite a bit of experimenting. I am using Somerset pellets. It seems that my insert burns better with the controls set on auto. I have it set around between medium and high. Seems to have less ash buildup and burn more consistant. I have noticed the pellet usage seems to be about the same using the low setting and where I have it set now. On low , it had a lot of big, hard buildup, on the setting between medium and high, the buildup isn't there. I don't think I will ever operate it on low again. FWIW, I have the probe ran off to the right side of the isert about a foot, at the same height.

I just recently installed my accentra insert. I have found that if I try and micro manage the flame/heat/output its a non stop battle. The room temp setting has worked the best for us, I place it on 70-75, feed rate on 3, with room temp nob on L for low. The stove does everything on its own after that and the fan will go high until it reaches the preferred temp and then it calms down and auto adjusts to the room temp. When I tried stove temp settings I found myself playing with it too much.

It all depends on the outside temp and what setting you are using. If outside temp is in the teens I dont care what I do stove always runs on high because room never gets to desired 72 temp.When temp outside is mid 20-30s stove will reach desired temp then calm down. I am positive your temp probe is bad I had the same problem with mine.I installed a new probe and problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.