Problem with a Quadrafire 1100 I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insuranceman1

Nov 4, 2008
MD
Hi guys and gals...my Empress has been doing great (WOOD) but my friend has a Quadrafire 1100 I and the Heat Exchanger part # 812 - 2430 has went up. He said that the Dealer he bought his stove for said this part has been discontinued and he can't get it. I have done a google search and looked on several sites but am having no luck finding this part.

Any ideas where he can get it. It is either try to find the part somewhere and buy it or buy a new stove and use this one as a boat anchor...

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!

Wood Heat Stoves said:
that part hasn't been avail for a while.
the stainless steel cover is still avail, but not the aluminum exchanger

That is what the dealer said too. I am wondering if it is possible that someone has one around somewhere...

turbotech said:
How bad is it? Maybe just bring it to a shop and have it TIG welded if it is aluminum.

I don't know...the dealer told him if he found a good metal worker it is possible that they could fix it. I am not even sure what this part does...he just gave me the part # and asked if I knew anywhere he could get it. I figured if no one here knew then he is out of luck...I have searched all I can online. It is crazy that they quit making this part...supposedly they never go up! LOL

Is it an aluminum heat exchanger? If the unit is over fired then it will break easier than a steel or stainless steel unit. At the same time, alum is better at transferring heat.
I would talk to someone that does welding work first. Post a pic of the damaged area and maybe we can help assess it.

Status
Not open for further replies.