Problem with Breckwell P2000 Burning Lazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

Jan 30, 2009
NY
Having a problem with this stove , not sure if there are any other Breckwell owners here that have had this problem . Stove is clean as can be , I have taken it apart twice and done a full cleaning.
So , here it is , the stove will start and burn strong with a tall flame for the first 15 to 20 minutes , then the flame dies down and burns but with a very short flame no matter what setting it is on . Once the flame goes down it will not produce much heat of course . I have also replaced the combustion motor thinking it might be getting tired.
Any help or ideas for fixing this are very much appreciated

I have the same stove but freestanding. Make sure the gaskets are good, and you have the right amount of air getting in under the glass door. Double check that all doors including the ash box door is closed tightly. I heard blowing out the stove with compressed air can solve these type of problems sometimes. Good luck.

The symtoms you discribe are what happens when the stove is set on hi/lo mode. If its set on hi/lo try running it in manual.

j-takeman said:
The symtoms you discribe are what happens when the stove is set on hi/lo mode. If its set on hi/lo try running it in manual.

Check the toggle switch on the control panel to be in manual. If it is check all gaskets including the gasket that is between the pedestal and the stove body. Yes there is one there. There is also four nuts that might have worked loose. I put a fresh bead of silicone all the way around this gasket just in case. This is known to be a problem with all Breckwell stoves that use this set up. Also check the ashpan for warping, use a straight edge.

Good luck you are one of many that have this issue with Breckwell P-2000, P-2700, and P-24 owners.

Also remove the doors on the rear firewall and clean those with a piece of Romex. You will get dirty.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.