Problems with Martin Venturi auger stalling out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wy.miner

Jan 22, 2010
Gillette,Wy
I own a Martin Venturi FS31 pellet stove. This stove has been problem free for seventeen years and I was very happy with the stove until this year. The auger motor started stalling out while trying to push the pellets (bottom feed pellet stove). Assembled Products sold me a new auger motor but this still didn't fix the problem. I then replaced the auger bearing but that didn't fix the problem. I'm not sure how but maybe the auger itself has worn to a point that is somehow causing the problem but i'm unable to find anybody that still makes an auger for this stove. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

wy.miner said:
I own a Martin Venturi FS31 pellet stove. This stove has been problem free for seventeen years and I was very happy with the stove until this year. The auger motor started stalling out while trying to push the pellets (bottom feed pellet stove). Assembled Products sold me a new auger motor but this still didn't fix the problem. I then replaced the auger bearing but that didn't fix the problem. I'm not sure how but maybe the auger itself has worn to a point that is somehow causing the problem but i'm unable to find anybody that still makes an auger for this stove. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Take a look at this site....Gleason-Avery auger motors. They are getting good reviews on this site. Ball bearings, bigger stack (more torque?).

Take measurements off your present one, and look down on the page and see if yours is the same. Can't beat it for $80 for a brand new unit.

Hope this helps.

Wow that's wierd!Only had this Martin of mine for a few months,so's can't say much.Have noticed,that when the burn pot gets abuild up of crud,it makes the auger motor labor.As far as having the auger rebuilt,I would think any good welding shop could build up another.I did replace one of the triac's on the control board,but that was a case of my own stupidity. :red:

Skydog,

You posted on the Martin stove a year ago but I had the middle connection of the triac on the board burn. I was trying to figure out how the auger motor was wired and something popped and sparked and smoked. Got the wires wrong I guess. There was a way I could wire it to where the motor always turned and never stopped. Sound like your problem? I hope this fixes the constantly turning auger motor.

Hehe,sounds about the same thing I did.Never had a problem with the auger running constant tho or stalling out.I replaced the triac i burned,works fine.I do have the factory manual and wiring diagram for this stove.

Thanks for the reply Skydog. Do you have a photo of the board by any chance? One with all the components visible? I have 2 capacitors that are burned and need replaced but don't know the numbers on them. Thanks.

I've got issues with my Martin stove again. After the fire goes for about three minutes the light on the board stays on constantly and the auger won't feed pellets. The blowers stay on just fine. Any ideas? Sounds like a switch somewhere but i can't find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.