Problems with Morso 5660

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bstayer

Nov 11, 2008
Eastern PA
I purchased and had installed a Morso 5660 last month. Worked great for a couple of weeks, but then I noticed that when I closed it down to burn slower, it just kept blazing away. Come to find out that air is getting in through the gasket on the handle side of the door. This causes the glass to darken on that side of the insert. A couple of other things that I have noticed: The blower will not come on for 2-3 hours of burning. Also, last night, it started making a lot of kinking and pinging sounds...the sounds are constant and don't appear to get less even when it is hot.

I have attached a picture of how air is coming in from the door. You can see the flames going sideways.

Has any experienced any of these problems with the Morso? Any idea if these are normal? If not, how to solve them?
Thanks

Attachments

• S7301023.JPG
    S7301023.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 428
Hmm, I have the same 5660 and my last burn on Sunday noticed the same thing, although didn't realize it was air leakage around the handle. It eventually died off and burned normally though. Will take a close look at it tonight. I too get the pinging sounds, but only when I first start a fire. My dealer said this was normal as the metal heats up. For me the blower usually kicks on after about an hour, once the unit is fully heated up. Will still be blowing hot air hours after the last coal turns white so the things tends to hold heat well.

Status
Not open for further replies.