Problems with my Englander...uuugghhhhh!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailrace

Sep 25, 2007
Bullville NY
I started up my brand new Englander yesterday afternoon around 4:30, did everything according to the instruction manual, and it ran like a champ. Went to bed at 1am with the fire burning nicely...only to wake up at 5am with the fire completely out and the stove shut down??? I got up, cleaned the burn pot and filled the hopper, which was no where near empty, and hit the start button....she fired up and ran all day. I just got home from work to find the fire completely out and the burn pot full of unburned pellets with the auger still turning the pellets out. Any suggestions? There was no power outage, so we can rule that out....Help please!

the pellets "bridged" easy remedy: empty the hopper completely (burn em or scoop em) after the hopper is emptied, take a new green scrubbing pad (scotch pad) rub down the sides of the hopper, you probably have a bit of dust under the paint in there which makes the surface a bit rough when new, this doesnt allow the pellets to slide well, so the auger empties the middle and the rest stay on the sides, eventually they may slide down , but if the fire starves out before they get there , you get precisely what you saw, also while in the hopper, check the mouth of the hopper for possible silicone blurb (excess) and if there trim it away , this could cause it as well. another cause can be an excessive amount of pellet dust in the hopper, but being that new i wouldnt think that was the problem unless you just got a bad bag of pellets.

hope this helps

,I think you called it right Mike....when I opened the hopper after I noticed the fire out the majority of the pellets were stuck up on the sides of the hopper. In the am I'll shut her down and do what you said. I'll post to let you know how I made out, Thanks!

Thanks fer the bump-up Razor!

47b7cf04b3127cceb1069a624d8a00000026108CaNnLdo3cA

A little silicone spray in the hopper seems to help in my experience, although not when the stove is burning! Is it possible it is not igniting for some reason (ie "unburned pellets in the burn pot")?

GotzTheHotz said:
A little silicone spray in the hopper seems to help in my experience, although not when the stove is burning! Is it possible it is not igniting for some reason (ie "unburned pellets in the burn pot")?
When I woke up and the stove was off there were no un-burned pellets in the burn pot...I got up early and worked late today so I didn't have time to address the problem, but the hopper is full and the flame is burning good so i'll take care of it tomorrow...and I'll be sure to post the results!

Tailrace said:
GotzTheHotz said:
When I woke up and the stove was off there were no un-burned pellets in the burn pot...I got up early and worked late today so I didn't have time to address the problem, but the hopper is full and the flame is burning good so i'll take care of it tomorrow...and I'll be sure to post the results!

hotz is right , that could help, as well as my post, if you are still having problems , call my shop, 800-245-6489 im out for the rest of the week but i have a great staff, they should be able to help ya, if not im back in town friday , let me know if you are still having problems, and if you talk to my techs and are still not fixed, let me know who you talked to please so i can see what they suggested, i hate covering broken ground ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.