Problems with USSC 6039HF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brando238mako

Dec 12, 2010
central PA
My stove has worked great with no problems for the last 3-4 years. I had company come out and clean the chimney and stove before the winter season hit. I went to light the stove a couple of weeks ago and the whole fan system seemed out of wack and smoked ingulfed the house. I called USSC and they said I needed a new control board. So I bought one and it didn't fix a thing. I called them back and there supervisor said their other rep told me wrong and the control board wasn't the problem since it didn't solve it. He asked me to cleaned out the pvc tube on the pressure switch (thing that looks like a hockey puck) but it was fine. I pulled the wire connections off the pressure switch and use a paper clip to make the circuit. The stove seemed to turn on and off like normal now. I could also move the draft fan up and down where as before I couldn't. (when it was working I could) So the rep said I needed to a new pressure switch and I could run the stove until the pressure switch came in. Problem is I couldn't get the stove lit. The draft fan comes on but makes no draft. I took the draft fan apart and cleaned the fins although they were fine. I took the vent house off to make sure the draft fan was blowing aft and it was. All the clean outs are cleaned and closed, and the door seal is good. Why cant I get a draft to keep the fire started/going and is there a possibility the stove guy did something when he cleaned it?
Sincerely,
Frustrated and Cold! :)

If what your saying is that the draft (combustion) fan is coming on, but no air is going through the burnpot to keep the pellets lit, it sounds like you have a dirty stove.

Since the draft fan is turning, then is it possible the chimney is plugged? I know this sounds hard to believe, but "cleaning companies" have been known to not do what they said they did, unless of course, you were watching them do all the work and saw them clean everything.

If not, then I'd get them back out to your place to figure out what they did (or didn't do) to the stove.

For example, read this thread:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/65388/

Status
Not open for further replies.