Processed Scrounge wood for 2010/2011

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
All my scrounge wood went through the splitter. A good mix of Cherry, Red Maple, Sugar Maple and White Ash.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• wb_scrounge_wood_01.jpg
    wb_scrounge_wood_01.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 440
  • wb_scrounge_wood_02.jpg
    wb_scrounge_wood_02.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 438
Nice work! My CT scrounges have been mostly pine...but hey, free is free!

Skier76 said:

Over the last couple weeks I've seen a Blue Spruce and Hemlock being taken down in my area. I stopped and asked both places and the wood was spoken for already!

WoodButcher

That's really interesting. My last two pine scrounges involved the folks telling me: "You know this is pine, right? You can't burn this inside...you have a firepit, correct?" I don't argue with them or lecture them. "Yep, firepit...I'll put it to good use."

Skier76 said:
That's really interesting. My last two pine scrounges involved the folks telling me: "You know this is pine, right? You can't burn this inside...you have a firepit, correct?" I don't argue with them or lecture them. "Yep, firepit...I'll put it to good use."

We have a nice big Hemlock we are processing at my Bro-Law's House. If it's wood and it's seasoned....I'll use it.

WoodButcher

Every time you post pics I am envious of your stacking ability. I end up giving my piles a hip toss here, a shoulder there... all done to keep the pile upright. I think its cause I stack 5.5-6 ft tall. I only have a measly 8 plus cord stacked and will do more when it cools off. You are my hero! :lol:

WOODBUTCHER said:
Skier76 said:

Over the last couple weeks I've seen a Blue Spruce and Hemlock being taken down in my area. I stopped and asked both places and the wood was spoken for already!

WoodButcher

Must be hearth.com member to know our secret about burning softwoods. Look for the special handshake.

burntime said:
Every time you post pics I am envious of your stacking ability.

No kidding - that first pic looks like he took a hand planner to the face of it. Thats why I only show pics of my heaphausens and not my stacked wood. :red:

burntime said:
Every time you post pics I am envious of your stacking ability. I end up giving my piles a hip toss here, a shoulder there... all done to keep the pile upright. I think its cause I stack 5.5-6 ft tall. I only have a measly 8 plus cord stacked and will do more when it cools off. You are my hero! :lol:

It helps to have straight trunks, it also helps to use spray paint. I de-branch and then grab my measuring stick and mark it all the way down the trunk. Easy...no guessing.... just let it rip.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• 5100_ms660.jpg
    5100_ms660.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 295
WOODBUTCHER said:
burntime said:

It helps to have straight trunks, it also helps to use spray paint. I de-branch and then grab my measuring stick and mark it all the way down the trunk. Easy...no guessing.... just let it rip.

WoodButcher

That right there is a fine idea, sir.

WOODBUTCHER said:
burntime said:

WoodButcher
it appears that there is a 460 or 660 in the back ground that'll get the big boys done in a hurry

I was planning on posting pictures once I get my 12th cord processed but after these pics, I think I would just be embarrassed.

wendell said:
I was planning on posting pictures once I get my 12th cord processed but after these pics, I think I would just be embarrassed.

post'em thats no where near 12 cords but a great stacker for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.