Profile 30 Control Panel Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smkonica

Feb 14, 2009
Eastern, PA
I am in a bit of a bind working on my Profile 30 insert, Serial # 05797. I find this stove to be very limited on information that find on the web about the electronics. Well here is the issue. I shorted my control panel out while working on my auger motor. The old panel is Index PN 8044038-B date code 1603, ver 1.11 I ordered a new panel, and got index PN 8044024, date code 48-2000, rev B both under the same master part number. The issue is the new panel will not feed pellets for more than about 10 seconds then there is no power to the motor. If I load the grate with pellets will will light and act just like it should but not auger feed. I can put the old panel in and it will feed pellets fine but will not cycle through the startup, it thinks it is in high all the time. I have found online reference to serial number of the stove and the control panel, but no details on what the difference is. The real question is, is this new control panel ok to use with the serial number of my stove. Do I have to do something different to the wiring to make this panel work. Or did I just get a dead panel?

I think they added the calibration control for the exhaust blower and that was the new version. I don't recall any other control board updates for the Profile 30, and the only thing that required rewiring was the photo eye relocation kit, and that wasn't really rewiring it was rerouting the wires. I would guess you got a bad board out of hte box. It happens occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.