Profile-30 Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stmar

Sep 12, 2014
Wyo
We noticed that there is part of the gasket missing on the left side of the glass on our Whitfield Profile-30. I have not seen any gasket pieces come off so was wondering if that is part of the design. Stove is about 20 years old and seems to be working okay, we do get a puff of smoke if there are a lot of pellets in the pot on start up when it bursts into flame but nothing radical. Can someone with a similar stove look and see if there is a gap in the gasket on the left side bottom of the glass?
Thanks.

Found the issue, gasket broke and part hanging down was camouflaged by ash. I think I will just buy a complete gasket kit. Any idea the best source for that?

Have one on order. Has anyone replaced theirs? Wondering if taking out the glass is tricky, I assume it has to be removed since the gasket has adhesive.

I’ve replaced the gasket on my Harman, not difficult at all...remove the clips that hold the glass in, gently pull the glass out, clean all of the old adhesive off of the glass and the door and install the new gasket, following the instructions. Here a good video how to that I used as reference

Reactions: Ssyko
Looks like I do have to take the glass out to do a good replacement. The fasteners have been in for a long time so I imagine it will be a chore to get them out without destroying them. Has anyone removed the fasteners holding the bracket ?
P.S. The YouTube vid was more for the door gasket, whole different animal, but thanks anyway.

Reactions: Washed-Up
PB blaster and its gonna take some time. soak each fastener and go easy when trying to remove. go back a forth till they free up, and keep them wet with PB

When I did mine on my BK King I got new screws for the clips. Hardware store. Stove Cleaner worked wonders on the glass. Let it soak in on the buildup on the glass so the gasket fits. I got gasket with tape already on it (sticky). Be careful and wash it with water to remove any leftover cleaner. Took about hour or so. Easy job once the glass was out. Pliers were used on some of the screws they were in there so fast.

Thanks, PB Blaster is my go to and I did get the adhesive gasket.

Reactions: Ssyko
I'm cheaper than Sysko. I use acetone and ATF in a 50-50 mix in a spritz bottle. As good as, maybe even better that PB.

Got it replaced, not as bad as I thought, had to remove 4 brackets. Self adhesive gasket made it easy to position. Is it normal to have a smell first burn? Figured it was the adhesive or gasket material.