progress? clearences?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike8937

Sep 10, 2011
n.e.pa
did they release the installation clearances this weekend? someone surely had to ask about it

My reliable sources say they did not :-S

I was impressed. You stand in front of the thing and that big window throws out tons of instant radiant high heat w/ that stove cranking along w/ the secondaries firing. The front was HOT the sides where engulfing heat but not hot, the back you could rest your hand on the heat shield. They said they went through great pains to design the stove so that heat was thrown towards all sides except the back. They said they were expecting a clearance of 10 inches on the back and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that is what it turns out to be.

pen

They were still waiting for official test results on the clearances.

And Woodstock is about as anxious as others on getting those clearances out to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.