Propane fireplace that sucks to a pellet fireplace......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaterhunter

Dec 14, 2010
Maine
Moved into this house with a propane fireplace and have realized that the blower I just ordered on line is going back because this thing has RIPPED through propane. Want to go to a pellet job. The propane exhausts through the wall next to the fireplace through a double pipe (exhaust/inside and intake/outside). Can I direct exhaust a pellet fireplace through the wall. Haven't done the research, just thought some of the subscribers would have some quick, witty, intelligent, answers as they typically do. Thanks in advance.

Im new to the pellet stove. 3 days and loving it!!!!!!! I talked to rep prior to purchase and they say it can be done at elevation 800-2000' but they recommend going out and up 3' if in windy area or the stove doesn't run as it should. Depending on where you are looking to purchase the stove and amount of , I have $1507.00 in the stove, T and 12' of pipe and 20 bags. I am very pleased after going from a wood insert at the end of our house to a pellet in the middle. :)

Sorry for multiples... Computer froze and I cant figure out how to delete the multiples. SORRY.

Thank you, Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.