Proper Tool Question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggins08

Sep 20, 2006
Springfield MA
What do you guys use to adjust the jets on your carb? I tried my most narrow screw driver and it did not want to fit through the guide to the adjustment knobs....On my 359. Maybe the tapered end of a file?

You need one of those screwdrivers that nerds carry in a pocket protector, the kind with the clip on it.

Its long and narrow. They used to give them away at computer trade shows years ago... so I still have a stash of them. They were mainly used for RS232 cables....

(BrotherBart, do you still have yours from the VAX/PDP days?)

Sandor said:
You need one of those screwdrivers that nerds carry in a pocket protector, the kind with the clip on it.

Its long and narrow. They used to give them away at computer trade shows years ago... so I still have a stash of them. They were mainly used for RS232 cables....

(BrotherBart, do you still have yours from the VAX/PDP days?)

Yep. Among others. And a lot of those buttons that were everywhere back then at the shows. Favorite is still "IMS goes down on me every day".

OK, since I haven't tried to adjust the carb on my 359 yet, forgive me if I am off-based. But if you need a small screwdrive, smaller than most normal screwdrivers, try to get those eyeglass screwdriver sets. Theyll be tiny and they'll have a head on it that you can rotate and use to spin the drive part....

Jay

Jay H said:
OK, since I haven't tried to adjust the carb on my 359 yet, forgive me if I am off-based. But if you need a small screwdrive, smaller than most normal screwdrivers, try to get those eyeglass screwdriver sets. Theyll be tiny and they'll have a head on it that you can rotate and use to spin the drive part....

Jay

Its not that small, J-Man.

Hard Woods said:
So is richer to the right and leaner to the left?

Just the opposite. Left=richer. Right=leaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.