protective chaps or pants?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used both and they both have pros and cons.

Chaps ventilate better, so they're better in hot weather. One of the reasons they ventilate better is that they are strapped on over your jeans, instead of being sewn in. The snaps and nylon straps have a tendency to catch on my boot heels and on pieces of slash. More chance of tripping, IMO.

Love the pants in the winter, though. More stylish, too. Since it's easy to wash the pants (and remove the kevlar padding), they tend to stay cleaner than the chaps which, (in my case, at any rate), are lucky to see one good machine wash per season. And that I gotta do when my wife's not looking.

I only have chaps, and wear them over my work pants. They work fine and hopefully I never ever have to test the reason why I wear them.

Carpniels

I wear chaps, that way I can wear shorts underneath in the summer. :bug: Just kidding! I like chaps because sometimes I wear jeans and sometimes overalls, makes it easy to switch.

I have pants, just my preference, of course I do most of my cutting when its cold too.

Scott

It all depends on how much you cut. I have both,but most of the time I wear Husky wrap chaps. They also protect the back of your calves.The most important thing is that you get something comfortable so you don't mind wearing them. THEY WORK. When you're talking safety, price should not be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.