Proud Dad moment!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
My 12 year old 7th grader has been practicing with the JV and Varsity field hockey teams this winter. They had their practice directly after her modified team’s practice. She’s a goalie so there aren’t many people drawn to the position. They were telling her that she’s better than the JV goalie, but I figured that they were being nice. The players would cheer the same as when they scored on the varsity goalie, so it seemed maybe she was holding her own out there.

The varsity coach just contacted her to be their goalie for a varsity tournament later this month. The varsity goalie is much better than she is, so she must not be available.

When I was in 7th grade, I wouldn’t have dreamed of playing JV, much less varsity. And she has the coach reaching out for her to play with them! I’m super proud of her!

Woo hoo! Way to go, Kid! I hope she has a lot of fun while she’s at it.

Tourney was yesterday! Her team didn’t do particularly well, but she held her own! The level of play was much higher than what she was used to, but she quickly got comfortable and made the other teams work hard for any goals.

Way to go. Sounds like she is quite the athelete.

She does really well. I was more than a little worried with her going up against the high schoolers. But she felt at ease enough to defend aggressively. The experience she got was priceless!

Reactions: PaulOinMA
Sounds like she is going to be formidable by the time she becomes a freshman. Hope they can find a few more like her.

My daughter is just finishing up her freshman year at college. She was a three season middle and high school athlete. The opportunity to practice or compete with older or more experienced players was always a great motivator. Enjoy the time ahead; it goes by fast!