Proud Papa of P61a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am now the proud owner of a Harman P61a. Even though the heating season is over, you can bet I fired it up to get a feel. I think this will be the beginning of a long and prosperous friendship between man and machine. It's cranking..... I can't get my picture to upload. It is too big and I am using the lowest resolution for my camera. Oh well, take my word, it is beautiful even in April.

Mike in CT

Wait until it's a ripping cold January morning.....everything is locked in ice & snow, the wind is howling....you wake up and the house is warm. Put the coffee on, and walk over to your stove. There it is, fire dacning and hot air pouring out of the grille. Dane's stoves are built like tanks....install it right, keep it clean and feed it decent pellets, and in return, it will keep your house warm for a looooooooooong time. Congrats.

RichG,

I am envisioning your scenerio and love it. You know I really hate winter but I must admit I kind of wish we were going into it now so I could really test this baby out. A warm house! What a concept? I don't know what that is like. Yesterday I could not believe how quickly my house warmed up, both floors. Now granted, it was not very cold outside. Day began around 30, rose to about 53 then back to 30 at night. However, when they finished the installtion, my house was at its typical 60 degrees. I cranked up the Harman and within 2 hours it was 79 (too warm) in the living room where the stove is, 76 in the hallway where my boiler thermostat is and 72 in the farthest away part of the first floor. Second floor climbed to 69. The house is a 2 story Cape Cod/1600 square feet. If I can get upper 60's on the main floor in the heart of winter I will be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.