pto saw bench

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2008
pei
anyone know where I can get parts to build a saw bench for cutting firewood eg. blades slides and plans

sounds like a big prodject,ebay may have some plans!

LEES WOOD-CO said:
Are you refering to a Buzz Rig?
I dont know what a buzz rig is. I want to setup a saw for to cut firewood into blocks from 8 foot lenght

Yep that would be a crosscut buzz saw.

I see them at the spring farm auctions. Most of them are belt drive and don't go for much.

I used one as a teen and liked it. It was quick when processing tree tops after hardwood logging operations. With a tractor/loader bucket setup and the PTO Cross cut chopper, one could fill trucks in pretty short time. The blades need to be protected from weather. We always had a rule that no one got closer than about 10-12' of one another when we were working...

Not really handy on stuff larger than 10-12 inches. We never ran it in the yard, only in the woods processing easy to get big limbs and tops.

ATB,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.