PU-CB04 E1 error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Droidinite412

Feb 3, 2019
Pennsylvania
Good afternoon all,

My dad had installed a new PU-CB04 in his 25-PFS Pellet stove to replace the old control board. We have verified all wiring as per the wiring diagram but we are receiving an E1 error on the new controller and the oven shuts off. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or what’s wrong?

Thank you!!!!!

Attachments

• 0A13122E-23B1-4F15-A11C-CA19BC29827C.jpeg
    0A13122E-23B1-4F15-A11C-CA19BC29827C.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 334
Your dads stove doesn’t have a vacuum switch so you have to make sure the jumper is on the 2 pins on the new board to bypass the board looking for it. It will be the yellow circle on the left side of the pic

83AFBA28-80EC-466A-B018-37125CF1C82B.png

Your dads stove doesn’t have a vacuum switch so you have to make sure the jumper is on the 2 pins on the new board to bypass the board looking for it. It will be the yellow circle on the left side of the pic

View attachment 240091

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I just sent him a pic of this and he is going to do the fix tomorrow. I’ll check back in and let you know if it works.

Reactions: SmokeyPete
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I just sent him a pic of this and he is going to do the fix tomorrow. I’ll check back in and let you know if it works.

Awesome, I just replaced the control board in my 2010 EPI-25 with one from a defunct pre 2003 25-PVDC and successfully got it up and running because of the very same jumper advice!

welcome Pete, keep an eye on your stove. the boards, although they are the same the programing is diff ( unless you put the eeprom from your old board in the replacement) and your stove uses a 2rpm auger so let us know how you make out. I am curious how it works ;)

Thanks for the info..and the picture of the jumper...got a day off to work on putting the cb-04 into the 25-pfs. It is on the lowest settings, and seemingly burning very hot....the convection blowers come on immediately, along with the combustion blower. I've been reading about the 3 bottom buttons, settings and modes, and resetting. Does this need to be done? Will it affect the programming done to it, enabling it to work with the 25-pfs?

welcome Pete, keep an eye on your stove. the boards, although they are the same the programing is diff ( unless you put the eeprom from your old board in the replacement) and your stove uses a 2rpm auger so let us know how you make out. I am curious how it works ;)
So the controller boards worked however I did notice a single jumper on the replacement board that was missing from my original failed board. I swapped the jumpers, crossed my fingers and success! I've probably been through 15-20 bags so far this winter and am a happy camper.