Puppy knows her place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davmor

Oct 24, 2010
Northern Michigan
Another picture of my puppy Sadie. 22.5 lbs 12 weeks old.

Attachments

• Sadie.jpg
    Sadie.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 570
Very sweet looking puppy.

Very nice. We have a miniature Dachshund. Every once in a while, especially on a cold morning, I notice she's 'missing' only to find her passed out in front of the heart pad, soaking up the radiant heat from the front of our Endeavor.

I love it :)

Buy um a million toys, but the empty {hopefully} soda bottle is still their favorite.

My dog gets as far away from heat as he can!

Looks like she doesn't have enough toys yet. ;-P
You're depriving her. Do I see Charlie Brown's Christmas tree in the background?
Ours LOVE the tennis balls more than the bottles. They let me throw the ball for them.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Buy um a million toys, but the empty {hopefully} soda bottle is still their favorite.

if you get a water bottle out of the frig, you better hang onto it
she will steal it right out of your hand, empty or full
oh, and dont set it down, then its hers

also doesnt like heat, rather be outside in the snow
the colder the better

thats her hollowed out tree where she lays inside when its warm out
and she runs free the short rope is just in case we need to grab her
shes still learning

didnt want anyone to think shes tied up
shes an indoor (100lb) lap dog
spoiled rotten

Attachments

• P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 423
awesome!

i found the best and cheapest toys which last the longest are just plastic water bottles. i even found a cloth toy that goes around a water bottle at big lots. its great, once the bottle is flattened you just throw a new one in there and wallah, brand new free toy!

PapaDave said:
Looks like she doesn't have enough toys yet. ;-P
You're depriving her. Do I see Charlie Brown's Christmas tree in the background?
Ours LOVE the tennis balls more than the bottles. They let me throw the ball for them.
Yeah she's deprived I want her life when I'm reincarnated :). The tree you see is for our gloves and hats to dry.

ironpony said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

if you get a water bottle out of the frig, you better hang onto it
she will steal it right out of your hand, empty or full
oh, and dont set it down, then its hers

also doesnt like heat, rather be outside in the snow
the colder the better

thats her hollowed out tree where she lays inside when its warm out
and she runs free the short rope is just in case we need to grab her
shes still learning

didnt want anyone to think shes tied up
shes an indoor (100lb) lap dog
spoiled rotten
Nice looking dog there. My pup seems to like it outside more than in. I take her for lots of walks through my little patch of woods. My older lab loves to be out too but she appreciates the warmth from the stove too. Dave.

ColdNH said:
awesome!

i found the best and cheapest toys which last the longest are just plastic water bottles. i even found a cloth toy that goes around a water bottle at big lots. its great, once the bottle is flattened you just throw a new one in there and wallah, brand new free toy!
Thanks I will look for those at big lots, its amazing how many dogs love those plastic bottles. Dave.

She knows here the heat is.

Toys for the dog? You never have had a Sheba Enu. I don't care how tough it is it will be shreds in less than an hour! And everything is MINE! including the insert!

jrandall said:
Toys for the dog? You never have had a Sheba Enu. I don't care how tough it is it will be shreds in less than an hour! And everything is MINE! including the insert!
That's interesting my Labs hardly ever tear up their toys, I guess its the breed. I have a Friend that has a Husky that will destroy toys in minutes. Dave.

davmor said:
jrandall said:
That's interesting my Labs hardly ever tear up their toys, I guess its the breed. I have a Friend that has a Husky that will destroy toys in minutes. Dave.

Your lab is still very young correct? labs are notorious for chewing on things and destroying them. My chocolate lab didnt start "destroying" toys till he was older. now certain toys i do not bother buying because they get destroyed too fast (cheap tennis balls, anything with a squeaker, etc) nyla-bones, real tennis balls, kongs, are all good as they last WAY longer.

but he can destroy his toys as much as he wants as long as he doesn't chew and destroy anything in the house. which so far so good

ColdNH said:
davmor said:
jrandall said:

Your lab is still very young correct? labs are notorious for chewing on things and destroying them. My chocolate lab didnt start "destroying" toys till he was older. now certain toys i do not bother buying because they get destroyed too fast (cheap tennis balls, anything with a squeaker, etc) nyla-bones, real tennis balls, kongs, are all good as they last WAY longer.

but he can destroy his toys as much as he wants as long as he doesn't chew and destroy anything in the house. which so far so good
Labs can be terrible chewers. I have heard of them chewing the bumpers off of vehicles, chewing through drywall... The worst one of my labs did was chew a small hole in our carpet. I didn't trust her for a long time, always kept her in a crate till she got older. My new puppy goes in the crate when we are gone and will for a long time till I can trust her. I agree as long as they chew their toys its good. Dave.

speaking of squeakers, if she gets a toy with a squeaker in it
it is gutted is minutes, she gets the squeaker and bites the end off of it
so it wont squeak anymore, and she always bites off the right end
figure that out

My lab is a big time chewer. Loves to eat firewood. No joke. Eats it. Gone.

jrandall said:

Let's see

Status
Not open for further replies.