Put another log on the fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
Damn! The woodbox is empty so I asked the wife to go out to the shed and grab a couple of splits. She just laughed and looked at me like I was crazy, so I just had to play her this YouTube of Tompall Glaser.

We got some snow overnight and today so I dragged out the snow thrower and cleared the path to the shed. The woodbox is full now and the wife is happy.

The weather guessers are calling for -12°C overnight temps and single digit freezing daytime temps through the week so it looks like I will be filling the woodbox daily.

LL how has the winter been out on the right side of the "ol gurl we call Canada? The weather here in 'bert has been outstanding (unless you like snow). I will play this song for wifey soon as she gets back from dropping the oldest boy off at his outdoor pick up hockey game. Great tune.

Temps have been above average most of the Winter so burning is a bit of a challenge. I used a lot less wood than I anticipated. We have enough snow for skiing (nordic skate). Been getting out about 3 - 4 times a week.

An oldie but a goodie. One of my favorites.

Think I am getting the shaft.....

I have brought in prolly 99.2% of the fire wood even with a broken hoof!
Mr Gamma has not started one fresh fire all season and there was a lot of them dammit.
He also has not taken out the ashes out once this season.
Oh, and I have been stacking and splitting.....maybe not as much as him but my fair share with a hoof problem....

Time for him to rattle some pots and pans... :mad:
Maybe time for an upgraded version... or renegotiate a new contract.....:lol: :smirk:

GAMMA RAY said:

Mr Gamma has not started one fresh fire all season and there was a lot of them dammit.
Oh, and I have been stacking and splitting.....maybe not as much as him but my fair share with a hoof problem....

Maybe time for an upgraded version... or renegotiate a new contract.....:lol: :smirk:

Is he gonna take you fishin with him someday? You know a man can't love a woman more than that. :cheese:

GAMMA RAY said:
Last Fall was the first time in a long time that the wife helped me move and stack 4 cord. I've been trying to get her to work the lever on the log splitter but she'll have no part of it.

My wife started the fire once but I had to set it all up for her. She only had to put a match to the Super Cedar.

I gotta learn Mr. Gamma's secret.

GAMMA RAY said:

Well, hold on there, girl! I thought anything to do with the "chief" was off limits to anyone else but you???

Over here, it's the exact opposite. I don't let 99 do anything with either stoves...(although she did light one fire in the 13 since I bought it.) That also includes the cutting splitting stacking etc. Even though she is more than willing and able to help, I prefer not to let her. For one reason, the OWB handles a lot larger pieces, so you just can't "throw another log on the fire"

LLigetfa said:
I gotta learn Mr. Gamma's secret.

Pfft....he's got no secret LLigetfa.... he is just fortunate as hell that I have the "woodburning addiction." :ahhh:
If you told me two years ago I would be splitting and stacking wood I would have laughed in your face.

I find it very self satisfying to heat the house for free and have some fun while doing it...(HA..maybes too much fun)...
Maybes not many wives dig the woodburning thang...it is something that either you dig it or not.....different strokes for different folks I guess...

Hi, my name is Gamma and I have a woodburning addiction..... :lol:

hossthehermit said:
Is he always nice to yer kid sister?

Pfft...hoss...I gots no kid sista...and all my friends are male....so there...
and no I know what you are thinkin... :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.