Quad 1200i Installed (experience, photos, video, and pricing inside!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

620Apple

Just wanted to update those that care about my experience as a new pellet stove owner so far. I wanted to post something for folks looking for input on the stove, cost, looks, install, photos, video, etc... So here we go. Had my Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 insert installed yesterday.

Put a deposit on the stove on 1/16.
Got a call on 1/18 for an install on 1/20.
Install took approximately 4-4.5 hours, but the thing that took the longest was getting the thermostat wire down into my crawl space.
Actual unit install was, for the most part, brainless. I mean other that carrying it in, connecting up the surround, there weren't many adjustments to do at all.
The room it is in is about 20x14 and it heats up fast. I am trying to determine the best way to get the air distributed more throughout the floor that it is on.

Purchase included:
-Stove
-Surround
-Shipping/Freight
-Install
-3"x17' stainless steel liner, insulation, top cap, adapters, tape, caulk, stainless bands (all the install hardware basically)
-1 free ton of O'Malley Pellets
-2 additional tons of O'Malley pellets @ $199/ton (regular price is currently $239/ton)
---------------------
$3992.21 total

Now, I know that the federal tax credit is not quite money back in my hand or money off of the purchase up front, but with the 30% considered against this purchase:

$3992.21 minus the 30% tax credit of $1197.66 brings the purchase of the stove, hardware, install, and pellets to $2794.55. I am not sure whether the 30% is taken off of the total invoice price (including tax) or not but I have removed my 6% tax from the numbers I am reporting here. If the feds use the total invoice cost, including tax, I will get a smidge more back at tax time in 2011.

If you were to just want the cost of above without my additional pellet purchase, it would have come to $3594.21 and then $2515.95 with the tax incentive. Regardless of price, this is an excellent addition/upgrade to my home.

Here are some photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/craig.durham/HearthCom?authkey=Gv1sRgCO_ChPipsoyRPQ#

Here is a video of first burn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAXoEVjnXqs

Hope this helps some with their research...

Attachments

• Hearth_Stove.jpg
    Hearth_Stove.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 377
jack56 said:
Very nice!! A ceiling fan would help move the air, especially if you have high ceilings.

Yeah, funny thing. I have fans in the kitchen, 4 bedrooms, and living room. This family room is one place that doesn't have a fan... It is on my to-do list though.

Status
Not open for further replies.