quad 3100 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perry

Burning Hunk
Feb 14, 2008
auburn hills, michigan
whats the difference between the step top and flat top quad 3100. and whats the advantage of the pedestal over a leg mounted model ?. and do you guys run a damper in the stove pipe with this style stove. ?

Step top versus flat top isn't that much different functionally, just different looks. Some step-top models have a shroud but in the case of the Quad I don't think the are different. I'll check into it and get back to you.

As far as pedestal versus legs, which look do you like better? That's what it really boils down to.

Well my wife got the step top (QF4300) cause it's got those heating louvers coming off the top throwing out heat. I dunno if the flat top does or not ...I kind of figure it must but she had her mind set on the step top so there was nothing else for me to say.

Pedestal base usually has a larege ash pan available. But yea, what do you think looks better is key, its something you have to look at in your House.

Somewhere I read that a steptop stove provides 2 different stove top temps. Handy for cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.