Quad AE Mt. Vernon issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob512

Jan 22, 2007
York PA
Hi Haven't been on here on a long time ! My Mt. Vernon kept hanging up, on the auger is jammed. I pulled auger out and cleared out the jam and now my stove won't light because of hopper and door being open ? Hopper and door are not open and all wiring seems ok after checking it. Anything else I should do or check ? Thanks guys ! Quick

check the sensor inside the hopper lid. If it isn't making contact it will say lid is opened. Had that problem when I first installed my stove. The bracket the sensor was mounted on was bent just alittle bit. Got it to make contact and haven't had a problem yet. Fingers crossed now.

Check the sensors and pull the plug to reset the computer.

Auger jams is my biggest service call. There is so much bad pellets out there. Save $20 a ton on cheap pellets but pay a service call and about an hour of labor. Big savings there.

Eric

WOW...I answered a question and got a service rep following with the same answer. I am figuring this pellet stove out.

"Jack of all trades, Master of NONE"....lol

Thanks guys ! Cheap pellets ? You see the same pellets for $197 to $220 a ton ? Isn't that much difference around here. Will check stove tonight, can't believe both sensors aren't making contact.

Auger jam error can be due to buildup of fines. Clean the sensor..

Status
Not open for further replies.