Quad Castile Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
So we had a power outage today, and Sat we're suppose to have our first taste of winter. After attemping to fire up the generator and getting covered with gas, the power came back on. Never did get the generator going, my bad, bad gas, good news is the blower fired right up. Anyway, the stove did not fire up all the way, from what I can figure, no auger turning. I emptied the hopper just to make sure it wasn't jammed, all looks good. I unplugged the stove and let it sit, plugged it back in. All works except the feed, if hand fed it fires fine. I can talk about what lights are lit on the control box and when if someone can tell me what they mean, but I'll spare that detail for now. The door gasket is shot too (another thread), but it was working prior to losing power today. And lastly, no I did not have it on a surge protector, my bad again, live ya learn I guess! Fried board me thinks?

Call off the hounds, SNAP DISK! Jeez, I forget about those. All is well now. Now about the generator.....

Yeah usually the auger not going is snap disc tripped or the vac switch hose is plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.