Quad Contour auger runs too long....Why

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ageman

Nov 21, 2010
western Pa
Greetings all, I have a Quadrafire Contour that came with the house I bought in 2005. I replaced the control board and thermocouple last year. This season the auger is running too long. On low it runs for about 5 seconds. 7.5 seconds on med. and nearly 10 sec. on high. This causes the burn pot to overfill and the flame to be out of control. It is supposed to run for 0.9 sec. on low, 1.6 on med. and 2.2 on high. Please tell me this is not another bad control board. Also the replacement control board has 3 settings. What is the right one for my stove.

Thanks.

ageman said:
Greetings all, I have a Quadrafire Contour that came with the house I bought in 2005. I replaced the control board and thermocouple last year. This season the auger is running too long. On low it runs for about 5 seconds. 7.5 seconds on med. and nearly 10 sec. on high. This causes the burn pot to overfill and the flame to be out of control. It is supposed to run for 0.9 sec. on low, 1.6 on med. and 2.2 on high. Please tell me this is not another bad control board. Also the replacement control board has 3 settings. What is the right one for my stove.

Thanks.

Didn't you get the information about the control board when you replaced the old one?

Hopefully a Quad person will look in on this, it would help to put the stove make and model in the title.

ageman said:
I did have the info but after the install I threw it out. Not too smart.

Ah, It happens. There is a member names ballsoffire here. He should be along to help. Hang tight!

ageman said:
I did have the info but after the install I threw it out. Not too smart.

Now you know to keep such stuff in the future, meanwhile please edit your first post, you should be able to change the thread title (topic) to add the stove make and model.

Any tech looking at a particular brand issues may not even bother looking at your post for quite some time if ever.

You'll should get a lot more action with the title changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.