Quad Control Box Settings - Specifications?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peirhead

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
PEI Canada
There have been a few threads that refer to the Quadrafire Control Box settings. I have attached the Datasheet for it, but was wondering if anyone knows any of the underlying specifications that go with each setting, such as auger on time, exhaust fan speed etc.

Attachments

• Control Box Settings-1.jpg
    Control Box Settings-1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 4,667
  • Control Box Settings-2.jpg
    Control Box Settings-2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 4,793
I sent an email to Quad last year about the various settings when I was burning Okies and the flame height was always too high on "softwood" setting, even on the "-5" flame height setting. In that email, I asked if they could give any of that kind of information about the various settings and they claimed it was "proprietary information". (That thread was here - https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/47578/ , and the solution was to use the "sunflower seed" setting) which worked nicely for me and at least 2 others.

Status
Not open for further replies.