Quad Santa Fe No Feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinger

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2011
SW CO
www.gregdinger.com
Had my first hiccup today with the Santa Fe. I turned it on via the wall thermostat, and had no feed and no ignitor. I hit the rest button a time or two and heard it click, but still the same. I then pulled off the side cover, and instead of the blue call light, I had a yellow light flashing in sequences of three. I shut it down via the surge suppressor, waited a few and switched it back on. Whala, I had feed and in short time a fire. It has been simmering on low for the last 5 hours without another issue. I have not run it on the thermostat, just continually on low.

Any ideas on the flashing light? I checked my owners manual but didn't really find any info. Ill call my dealer Monday to pick his brain, but thought I would ask here too.

Amber (yellow) light is the thermocouple. IIRC

But that is either a "Good" or "No Good" part??

Maybe check connections.amd also check the tip of the thermocouple (under ceramic cover) to make sure its not split, or broken.

Seems like with a bad thermocouple I would not have had any luck with powering down and back up the surge? Also, when the stove is cold, does the thermocouple come into play? I need to study the schematic some more. Ran all night on low. Ive got it on high now, just to warm it a couple degrees and I'll shut it down for the day.

Maybe the restart later will lend a clue.

Im not sure on when it gets a signal or sends it. I know at 200° and 600° are the setpoints in which your lights change color (goes into run)..

Most common problem for failed feed is the vacuum hose being plugged at the auger chute (fines).

No vacuum... No feed. (Forum member) Tjnamtiw is well versed in the ways of the Control Box, its lights, and when, what light is supposed to be on.

Those yellow lights are supposed to be a signal that the thermocouple is not sending a signal to the control box. What was said above is all correct and good things to check. Your cutting power and restarting could have given it enough of a current jolt to reestablish a 'good enough' connection at the control box and where the connections are made in the thermocouple wiring. If it happens again, SHUT OFF THE POWER and then unplug and replug the control box. Also unplug and replug the two plugs for the thermocouple. Beyond that, taking a close look at the tip of the thermocouple like DexterDay said is good advice. Be careful of the ceramic cover because they are very fragile.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.