Quadra 1200i convension blower snap disc #1 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmei007

Nov 12, 2007
Boston MA
Hello Everybody,

We just started run our Quadra 1200i few days ago. The convension blower doesn't work as I expected. It seems starting very late (about 20 minutes after stove started) and it also stop occasionally during a session. We had some disscusion about this last year: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/11761/

I know the conversion blower is controlled by snap disc #1. The following is from the user manual

16. Snap Disc #1 (Convection Blower) 125°F
Snap disc #1 is located on the right side of the firebox. There
are 2 purple wires connected to it. This snap disc turns the
convection blower on and off as needed. Power is always
present at snap disc #1.

I have few questions:
1. does that purple wired Snap Disc is the one on the photo?
2. Can I just short circule it by a wire and then it will not stop during a session?
3. "Power is always present at snap disc" means if I short circule it the blower will never stop even the stove has been stopped if the stove's power is still on?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 460
Asked the dealer to replace it but don't know how long I will wait.
Do you know the voltage of that wire? Is it safe if I touch the wire by accident?
thanks,

As far as I know, that is 120v at the snap disk....do NOT touch the wires w/ bare hands.

If you are going to put a "jumper wire" across the terminals to keep the blower running until the dealer replaces it, UNPLUG THE STOVE FIRST!!!

lmei007 said:
Asked the dealer to
replace it but don't know how long I will wait.

Why wait and pay labor for the dealer when you can order the part
via the link posted above and pop it in yourself.

zeta said:
lmei007 said:
Asked the dealer to
replace it but don't know how long I will wait.

Why wait and pay labor for the dealer when you can order the part
via the link posted above and pop it in yourself.

suppose i will not pay parts and labor because Quadra has two years parts and labor warranty for blower and related electrical parts.

ah, our 2 year warranty, didn't know you still had warranty.

Oh, ok. Hope your Dealer gets a move on then.
It be cold at night around here now.

Just curious, if this problem started last December,
why have you waited so long to fix it? Did you not
use the stove last year?

zeta said:
Just curious, if this problem started last December,
why have you waited so long to fix it? Did you not
use the stove last year?

We thought it might like that and also we thought it might be our pellets were not good enough or we might not use it properly. After I read more here and we started using Barefoot, a proven brand (it's really better than what we used last year), the problem still here, I think it more likely the snap disc is not good enough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.