Quadra fire 1000... no red light no aguer action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el toro

Good day to you all! Im a "diy" kind of guy and purchased a used quadrafire 1000 on cl a few months back. It was dirty but a good deal at $200! Since installing it 6 months ago the only issue i have had was the resettable snap disk having to be.... well.... reset. This morning i found the wall thermostat calling for heat but the red light on the stove has not come on... odd. Plus the hum of the auger did not start but the blower fan did come on. snap disk was fine. so now what? i like this stove and im sure its something simple but i just cant find it. i did print out the manual but it did not say anything about a light out. any help would be great! thanks

You're on the wrong Forum. This is for woodburning stoves, not pellet stoves.

Hey el toro sorry i can not help you. however one of the pros will jump in and give you some great advise, as i am new here myself .welcome you are on the correct forum now..he y not a big deal, again WELCOME

Do you have a remote thermostat? Batteries? I came home last week to a similar problem. That's the easiest fix.. Or.. It could be a vacuum leak, but even then I think the call light would be on. Check all leads for a good connection? This one is for the "Pro's" with more experience with this particular model. Prob about the same as mine, but none the less. Good luck

There is also a reset button on the lower right side of the unit as you are in front.....if I remember correctly. If the fire does not light in a certian amount of time it has to be reset because the ignitor did not light....could be buildup in the firepot...

Jim

I would think you would still have the call light, though. I know mine do. That light shouldn't go out until the thermostat OR A BROKEN WIRE/LOOSE CONNECTION tells the stove to shut off. If it is a wired thermostat, check to see if the wire is broken anywhere. Does the wire run under carpet or along a door way? Easiest thing is to disconnect the thermostat and just put a jumper wire between the two connectors on the stove. It should just keep running then.

Status
Not open for further replies.