Quadra-Fire Adventure 2 and 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JA600L

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2013
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Has anybody had a chance to run one of these "smart" stoves with a thermostat yet? They are claiming 20 and 40 hour max burn times. http://www.quadrafire.com/

So far TBD. I'm eager to hear how it performs, but take marketing claims with a grain of salt. Thinking of getting one?

Last edited:
Nope I'll rock the 4300 ACT yet. I just saw it on the website. It seems like they are taking a bold step.

With it being a 4.5 cu ft stove and a good wood load in it a cat stove, you could get 40 hour burn if everything is right.

Basically that means at 40 hours you have enough coals to start another load of wood with the help of firestarters.

Last edited:
I want to see how hard it is to control the stove manually, for when the thermo craps out. ;hm Cool that it's programmable. Sounds like you could idle it while at work, then have it ramp up before you get home.
With it being a 4.5 cu ft stove and a good wood load in it a cat stove, you could get hour burn if everything is right.
I'm thinking longer, even though it's not a cat. ;)

whoops a typo I fixed it to 40 hour burn or better yet 40 hour cycle time.

With it being a 4.5 cu ft stove and a good wood load in it a cat stove, you could get 40 hour burn if everything is right.
Basically that means at 40 hours you have enough coals to start another load of wood with the help of firestarters.

It does say 4.5 cu ft. though I am wondering it if that is correct. The capacity seems large for a 6" flue. I find nothing saying this is a catalytic stove.

If it wasn't a dang pedestal there would probably be one in my living room right now.:(
You should be able to fab up some legs. With those and the satin nickel hinge pins, you'd be stylin'! ==c

Reactions: Jags
We got one in the store 2 weeks ago- its a beast. Beast of a price too 3559 Retail MSRP. Black door and huge pedestal. Haven't had one in operation yet. Its got bigger and more beefy looking clay brick over the norm Quad pumice style brick. Physically, 630 lbs, makes the BK King look small-er. We shall see- already know how to manually operate though, pull out a pin and its go time...

Reactions: JA600L
Can you measure up the firebox? I've never seen a stove this size with a 6" vent. Photos (inside and out) are always appreciated.

I saw the Adventure 2 today at the local dealer. I'm honestly not too impressed. Seeing that much electronics on a woodstove kind of defeats the point to me.
The aesthetics are not there. It is a plain Jane stove loaded with electronics. I saw a temperature sensor inside the firebox. The Explorer 2 and 3 looked a whole lot better.

I saw this video. Does a good job of explaining, but still confused if no power and battery. Anyone see a ash draw?

Reactions: redktmrider
I just did my first burn. So far so good. Seems very simple and this really puts out some heat! I just ran across this thread so I will try to answer questions and keep you guys posted.

Can you give us a summary of how it performs? Thanks.

I really like the theory of an auto control and in a perfect world it would but great, but in the world we live in, you would need to have a few spares of all of the electric parts and computer boards and a few cats on handy and the skills to replace them when they fail. Let’s assume the board fails. The dealer will not have one on hand and you will need to order one. But how time will it need to order one and what if it is backordered? Then you are SOL with a stove you cannot use. Now if the stove has a manual override such if the stove fails and you can use the stove while you are waiting for parts, that would be different.

The video above posted by Niko says that the air control can be disconnected from the auto control and ran like a conventional stove.
Pretty Smart.

Reactions: chance04
Can you give us a summary of how it performs? Thanks.
It perormed great! The thermostat does all the work for you. You just set it and go! I did play with the temp and went from 90 to 8t then to 65 and back to 80. It did heat all 1800 sq feet of my home. It was 55 last night which was good because I was able to keep all the windows open. It did have a smell at first which I knew going into the first burn. Glass stayed clean but when I went to sleep and woke up glass was dirty. The burn time was just under 20 but I could have added more wood. When I checked on the stove after I woke up all that was left was hot ash. Im sure im going to really like this stove. It definitely outperformed my old insert in my last fireplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rangerbait
It perormed great! The thermostat does all the work for you. You just set it and go! I did play with the temp and went from 90 to 8t then to 65 and back to 80. It did heat all 1800 sq feet of my home. It was 55 last night which was good because I was able to keep all the windows open. It did have a smell at first which I knew going into the first burn. Glass stayed clean but when I went to sleep and woke up glass was dirty. The burn time was just under 20 but I could have added more wood. When I checked on the stove after I woke up all that was left was hot ash. Im sure im going to really like this stove. It definitely outperformed my old insert in my last fireplace.
Thanks for the update! Instead of going for the long burn I'd run the stove hotter for the next burn in order to bake in the paint. Try to get it over 500º and open up the windows.

Reactions: Rangerbait