Quadra-Fire Classic 1200 installed 12/29 :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DobieMom

Nov 28, 2010
Eastern Shore of MD
Ahhh, life is good!! :coolsmile: Had my Classic installed on 12/29 ...so long electric baseboard heat :) Keeping her set on med with high fan, thermostat between 70-75 and am still on my first hopper fill-up of 80 lbs. ;-P Outside temps have been warm since last night so not a real guide but have 3 bags of Hardwood Heat from TSC on hand to try next. I'll TRY to post a few pics and hope I've sized them right. A friend did the hearth pad for me but I set the porcelain tiles %-P Made it with 2 layers of 3/4" plywood, 1/2" Wonderboard, 2 1/4 " molding.

Attachments

• Quadra-Fire.jpg
    Quadra-Fire.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Hearthpad.jpg
    Hearthpad.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 236
Very nice looking stove and install! I see you even have the surge protector! Great job on the hearth! Enjoy!

Chan

DobieMom, congrats on the new install, and thanks for including the pics....NICE! Should help keep those electric money sucking baseboards off most of the time.....hopefully ALL of the time! :)

As CWR mentioned, glad to see some sort of surge protector on the stove, although if it's one of those cheapies that the stores sell for computers, they normally aren't all that great....not enough protection for a very expensive stove with delicate electronics & motors.

Do a search of "surge protectors" on the forum, and you'll get some good ideas of the type to have.

Enjoy the heat!!!! :coolsmile:

j-takeman...yup, got it in just in time...that tax credit will go right on what I had to use to get the stove. Warm and toasty it is, got tired of dressing in layers and freezing with baseboards set at 58-60! Decided that's just no way to live! My brother has a Country Flame and has tried for 3 years to convince me to get a pellet stove. He's happy now cuz he got out his "I told ya so!" :lol:

Thanks for the kind words CWR...the warmth and beauty of the fire has helped me get over losing a corner of my living room :lol:

imacman..thanks! I replaced the 8 1/2 ft 2500 watt elec baseboard with a 6 ft 1500 watt ONLY to have an emergency heat source if God forbid I'm without my stove for some reason. I hope to never have to use them again LOL I think pellets will be MUCH cheaper AND keep me MUCH warmer :coolsmile: Thanks for reminding me to search surge protector threads! I was in WalMart late the night before install and remembered I hadn't gotten one and grabbed a Phillips 1000 joules...I think I'm supposed to have a higher joules...I'll go search that NOW...way too much money invested to not take the BEST care I can of this baby :cheese:

The folks on this forum are the BEST! I made my decision based on my 2 months of reading as many threads as possible on here AND even called Eric for a chat one time with some questions and he was most gracious to share his knowledge with a call coming out of the blue :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.