Quadra Fire Isle Royal Grill Opion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MishMouse

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2008
Verndale, MN
Since the Isle Royal is a top loader does it offer a grill option similar to the Harman?

No,

sorry, I looked into both stoves before settling on the IR. No grill available.

But that does not mean you cannot ask a nice welder to make you something perfect!!! Actually, if he makes it and it works, I might be interested in one. Heck, go for mass production at that point. Sell the plans to Quadrafire!! Get rich!!!!!

Carpniels

I wonder if the Harman grill (Oakwood, TL-200, TL-300) would fit in t he hole of the Isle Royal?

You could just put something on top of the griddle cook top. When you guys are asking about a grill do you mean open to the fire of just a griddle top with grooves in it for grilling?

Yes, something similar to the Harman TL-200, 300 and Oakwood.
So you can basically grill aka BBQ over an open fire in the many months before road destruction season.

jtp10181 said:
You could just put something on top of the griddle cook top. When you guys are asking about a grill do you mean open to the fire of just a griddle top with grooves in it for grilling?

You open the top loading door and drop the grill in the opening, you can close the door or leave it open. The best part is all the smoke from cooking and the fire itself is sucked down and up the chimney. I use mine at least once a week.

I have been happy with my Oakwood, I burn it 24/7 and it burns fine when operated the way it was designed, I would buy another one. And this mother will throw some serious heat if you want it to, it's very controllable.

Does anyone know if a Grill from a Harmon would work on the Isle Royal?

Status
Not open for further replies.