Quadra Fire Sante Fe control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Barb Maytan

Feb 15, 2020
Dillsburg Pa
We have a quadrafire and the motherboard is not sitting properly in its cradle. It moves side to side. We've tried pushing it in. As far as it will go. But we have nothing. The stove does not work. It does for a little bit. But then shuts off. We think this is the problem. But we're not sure. How to address it

How old is the stove. It should have a piece of metal that holds the board from coming out. Is the card edge connector it goes into broken? Is the jumper wire on the thermostat connector? Is it tight? Is the red call light coming on? Always unplug the stove when the controller is removed or you risk damaging it.

The stove is a 2006. When we try to push the board into its cradle it will not slide in all the way. A corner stays up and then when you try to push that corner in the other comes up. Not sure if we have to replace the part the board slides into (the cradle box) or I'm wondering if we got a bad board. The stove was working for awhile but now it all it does is click. I think when the stove worked the board just happen to be sitting a certain way. I think the shaking when adding pellets allows ot to move around causing the stove not to function. I hope all this makes sense. The board does work all the lights come on, blue red, but no pellets drop and the clicking starts.

Look in the slot and see if any pins are bent. The slots and boards are not keyed so there is something in it or the pins are bent inside the slot.

Ok, so this scares me a little. My boyfriend took a knife and moved it back and forth in the slot to see if anything was in there. I wonder if he worsened the problem. I wonder if that cradle can be replaced. I will tell him about the pins and he could have bent them up. Oh Lord....

Thanks for providing the part info. I know it has to be replaced. He did the knife thing a few times. Thank you so much for your help. It was greatly appreciated!!

Tell your boyfriend to keep his knife in his pocket..... _g

I was reading about the board reader.

Please note that this wire harness no longer includes the jumper wire to use the older auger motors that used a spade connector. Quadrafire states you must purchase a new auger motor assembly.

How do I know if I need this. Would my serial number help?

I was reading about the board reader.

Please note that this wire harness no longer includes the jumper wire to use the older auger motors that used a spade connector. Quadrafire states you must purchase a new auger motor assembly.

How do I know if I need this. Would my serial number help? 1878053 (2006)

Can you post a picture of your auger motor and the wires that come out of it to the plug?