Quadrafire 1200 i Bay Insert - Glass Air Wash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acolar

Dec 12, 2008
Midwest
The glass on my Quad is getting very dirty much more quickly than in the past. Using same pellets (Pro Pellets) I have read posts that mention the air wash on the glass door. Can anyone explain in detail how to "clean" the air wash gap?? It seems so simple but I do not understand...

Thanks

Tony

Acolar said:
The glass on my Quad is getting very dirty much more quickly than in the past. Using same pellets (Pro Pellets) I have read posts that mention the air wash on the glass door. Can anyone explain in detail how to "clean" the air wash gap?? It seems so simple but I do not understand...

Thanks

Tony

My observations and not based on anything but watching my 1200i. It appears as though that on the corners of the side glasses and the inside corners of the front glass there are gaps that let some cooling air get sucked into the negative pressure of the inside allowing the glass to be cooled by the airflow.This cooling effect seems to condense the hot gasses inside the burn chamber on glass along the path of the airflow.Seems the cleaner the glass the faster it precipitates. This last time I just wiped it with a dry paper towel and it seems not to collect as much of the brown stuff. Your milage may vary.

The airwash is where there is no gasket in the glass either top or bottom. It pulls air over the glass to deflect the fly ash away take a putty knife or playing card and clean the slot you'll find lots of house dust mostly.

The airwash is where there is no gasket in the glass either top or bottom. It pulls air over the glass to deflect the fly ash away take a putty knife or playing card and clean the slot you'll find lots of house dust mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.