quadrafire 4100i blower problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idahomousejockey

Oct 2, 2009
Boise
Now that I have fixed that latch/handle problems, another problem pops up. Just got back from two weeks on vacation. Fired up the insert last night. The blower seemed to work fine.

This morning, 5 hours later, I wake up and decide to stoke the fire. The fan had been off for a while and insert cold... normal, since I burn lots pine. AFter it warms up, I can her the fan try but the blower is not running. I mess with the speed control and it only comes on at the fastest setting.

After an hour or so, it seems to be working better but not at full power.

Where should I start trouble shotting it?

Is it getting full electrical power?
Maybe it's dirty? The fan could've sucked in something. I had it suck in an ember once and it blew out!

I pulled the fan assembly out and verified it had nothing obstructing the fan. Do these things need regular maintenance?

So if I put it to the highest fan setting, it seems to work fine. Any other position it, runs at one slow speed. Perhaps its the potentiometer/TRIAC thing. Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Jeff

idahomousejockey said:
I pulled the fan assembly out and verified it had nothing obstructing the fan. Do these things need regular maintenance?

So if I put it to the highest fan setting, it seems to work fine. Any other position it, runs at one slow speed. Perhaps its the potentiometer/TRIAC thing. Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Jeff

spent an hour searching on sunday, but on my first attempt today, I found this thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24245/

I'll post an update when I get resolution
Jeff

This sounds like the motor speed controller and not the fan motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.