Quadrafire 5100i versus Hampton HI300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboync

Jul 12, 2009
NC
Any opinions on which one puts out the most heat, longer burns, etc.?
The Quadrafire has a larger firebox.

I have the quad 5100I for 11 years and have no complaints. It heats my whole house which is a 2400 sq ft ranch. I have gotten really long burn times ( 12-14 hrs ) with large pieces and whole rounds like 10 inches in diameter. They take forever to season. If I am using smaller dry splits the stove can chase you out of the room. The fan is a necessary to heat the whole house when it is really cold out, and is louder than I would like. I have never had a dirty chimney when cleaning it.
I have no experience with the Hampton.

Hey Hurricane. Thanks for the info. Those are some long burns! That's a good size house too. Mine is only about 1800 sf but it has a lot of windows and a vaulted ceiling. I'm thinking the larger insert might be better.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.