Quadrafire ACC operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

40plymouth

Sep 16, 2015
Virginia
I have a new 5100i insert, and am a little confused about he ACC. Its not really making sense to me. Instructions say to activate it, push the air control back until it stops, then pull it forward. When you look at what is happening inside the stove by removing the top, this doesn't compute. When you push back the air control, the little damper opens, but when you pull it forward again, the damper closes. How does that allow air into the stove for automatic warmup? Other posts have suggested you can hear a timer clicking, I hear nothing like that. I'm confused.

I've got a 2700i, but the ACC system works the same. I can hear a faint ticking when I push the "Start-Up Air Control" (SUAC) lever all the way in & then pull it out. I didn't get a chance to actually look at the guts of the insert before it was installed (my bad!).

The SUAC does several things:
- push it all the way in, then pull it out to give you about 25-30 minutes of extra air fed to the firebox for startups before it closes
- push it all the way in & leave it there to have that air inlet left open (watch out for your insert going nuclear after a while, though!)
- pull it all the way out & lift it up till it stops to cancel any ACC timer & close the SUAC air inlet. Do that, plus close (push all the way down) the Burn Rate Air Control (lever on the top right corner of the insert) to shut of almost all air to the insert. This is a good thing to know if your insert is getting a bit too toasty (about to run away).

Good explanation Cruffler! I also have the Quadrature 2700i and i do believe they all work the same. When you push the rod in and pull it out you should be able to hear a faint ticking. Are you sure you are moving the right rod? The air control rod will open and close the air as you move it back and forth. The ACC will close the air on a timer.

Reactions: CrufflerJJ
This is all good, but what I'm saying is mine DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. No ticking. Damper is in closed position when it is pulled out.

This is all good, but what I'm saying is mine DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. No ticking. Damper is in closed position when it is pulled out.

If in doubt, have your dealer check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.