Quadrafire Castile insert combustion blower wiring question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 7, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I have a 2005 Quadrafire Castile pellet insert that finally came to a literal screeching halt when the combustion blower stopped working. I bought an after-market replacement but am running into issues with wiring compatibility. The original blower had a male spade terminal on either side of the motor, with a blue wire coming from the control box on one side, and two white wires in a single female spade terminal on the other side. The new blower has two white wires on one side, each with its own spade connector, and a green ground wire on the other side. No place for the blue wire to go. The other side of the motor actually has some sealant in the hole where a connector would be. I checked the website, and this is correct for both after-market and OEM blowers. Does this mean I can't connect to my old control box, or is there a workaround for this? Thanks for any help. It's been mighty cold in here these last two weeks. Northern California winter doesn't want to end this year. :-(

I have a 2005 Quadrafire Castile pellet insert that finally came to a literal screeching halt when the combustion blower stopped working. I bought an after-market replacement but am running into issues with wiring compatibility. The original blower had a male spade terminal on either side of the motor, with a blue wire coming from the control box on one side, and two white wires in a single female spade terminal on the other side. The new blower has two white wires on one side, each with its own spade connector, and a green ground wire on the other side. No place for the blue wire to go. The other side of the motor actually has some sealant in the hole where a connector would be. I checked the website, and this is correct for both after-market and OEM blowers. Does this mean I can't connect to my old control box, or is there a workaround for this? Thanks for any help. It's been mighty cold in here these last two weeks. Northern California winter doesn't want to end this year. :-(
Follow up post in case anyone else is dealing with a similar situation.
I solved the problem. It wasn't really a problem after all. Attached the blue wire to one of the white wires on the new fan. Attached the double white wire to the other white wire. It's an AC fan, so it doesn't matter which is attached to which. The green ground wire just got attached to a screw on the metal of the stove. (There was no ground wire on the old fan.) I was overthinking this.

Reactions: SwineFlue