quadrafire mt vernon convection fan not staying on long

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara

Nov 20, 2012
I have a quadrafire mt vernon stove. It sat for a few years not being used cause it wasn't working. After doing some work on it including, changing the thermal couple, replacing snapdisk #1 and 2 and cleaning the system everything is working. However the convection blower is only staying on for 10 seconds and then shutting off. It won't stay off for long, only 10 seconds, then start again. But it's doing this on any setting I put it on. If it's on setting 4 it'll stay on for 15 seconds. But still on and off. Anyone got any idea's?? Thanks

Welcome to the forum Kara.

About your stove problem.

Is the snap disc that controls that fan firmly attached to the stove?

Are the connections tight on that snap disc?

Is the wiring to the convection fan also connected properly?

How confident are you working on 120 volt electrical circuits?

Hello, bypass snap disk 1, that will put convection blower on. If blower runs and shuts off still, I'd suspect the blower or wiring. Blower could be shutting down thermally. Put power directly to motor, that takes control board out of the loop. Sounds like a blower issue. Good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro Empress FPI AC pellet
Enviro 1700 Kodiak FS wood

Status
Not open for further replies.