quadrafire mt vernon e2 - no power to igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jparoth

Feb 8, 2020
usa
quadrafire mt vernon e2 - no power to igniter

Unit powers on and feeds pellets as expected, but there is no ignition.
When tested with a meter, with the unit running, I'm only getting about 5v AC to the igniter.
I tested the igniter, and I get ~47ohms, and when i pulled it, there was no visual damage to the igniter itself. I only see one fuse on the front of the board and it appears to be ok.

Is there a schematic for the control board available? I would really hate to replace the expensive board if there's a simple fix.

No schematics for any pellet stove boards. They sell more that way. More than likely the relay on the board failed. They can be checked with a multimeter

No schematics for any pellet stove boards. They sell more that way. More than likely the relay on the board failed. They can be checked with a multimeter
Bummer. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll order another board to get it back up and running now, since it's been quite cold out. I'll also keep the old board for closer inspection on the lab bench to see if I can isolate the bad component for repair.

I also know I need to order a spare igniter to have on standby. Any other parts that are recommended to have on hand or anything else with this model to look out for?

While I have it pulled apart, I was considering adding a fuse inline with the igniter since it's cheap and easy protection of the expensive board for when the igniter does fail. Welcome, any other suggestions. I appreciate the help from this forum, there's a ton of great reading for newbies like me!

Reactions: Ssyko