quadrafire mt vernon non ae?'s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
Over the last few weeks, my stove at start up and shut down has been making a metal squeak sound from onte of the blowers. Today when i got home from work the squeak was continuous. I promptly shut down the stove and let her cool down. I called my stove shop after glow energy in meriden ct. He tends to think the noise is the exhaust blower going bad. After a few hours i started up the stove again with no squeaking sound. Needless to say i ordered the exhaust blower anyways. Hopefully the wait is not to long....

Yes, probably the exhaust blower. If it starts the noise again you could test by disconnecting the convection blower lead from the snap disc and see if it stops or not. That wire will have 110v going through it so this would need to be done extra careful.

You might want to order a new exhaust blower gasket also. They often fall apart or come off in chunks when you take the blower out.

Status
Not open for further replies.