Quadrafire Santa Fe auger motors burning out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mardabas

Jan 26, 2019
centreville, michigan
I put a new auger motor and control board in my stove, the motor quit working within 30 minutes. Thought, well what you get buying from Amazon. ordered an OEM motor, same result. I did just change the controller, but I'm showing 110 volts to the motor. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

So did the motor burn up or is it just not turning? I should think it's pretty rare for a new motor to burn up that quickly unless there's something really sending the voltage to it.

So what happened to the old motor , that caused you to replace it ? Do the new motors turn without connecting to the auger..?

So what happened to the old motor , that caused you to replace it ? Do the new motors turn without connecting to the auger..?
Connected the old motor without the auger, it works. When I had the assembly out the auger turned freely with no resistance. I cleaned out the pellets and see nothing amiss. I might try cherry pits and see what happens

I pullled the auger assembly out and saw pellet debris has jammed the auger I thought I cleaned out the feed area, but on closer inspection there was still pellets and pellet debris in the feed area. It's cleaned out now and am running cherry pit pellets. Working fine.