Quadrafire wont ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greasesleddin

Sep 14, 2008
bangor maine
I h.ave Mt Vernon Ae that wont ignite.It had an error message of a missed ignition .I retryed it and its feeding pellets,the combustion fan comes on then it will go int auto clean mode and start the cycle again with no error message.I tryed unplugging it but it does the same thing.I was thinking the ignitor might be bad but i noticed that when i turned the stove to off on the thermostat it was displaying start up and the combustion fan was still on and it fed pellets to the firepot.Now im thinking the circit board.has anyone else had a problem like this?

You can peer down at the bottom of the glass and see if the ignitor is on. It'll burn a nice red cherry color if it is. If you don't see that when you startup, you need a new ignitor for sure (I LITERALLY just had this happen last week). Otherwise, smwilliamson is straight on.

How long have you had the stove? My ignitor only lasted two seasons when running on manual mode. Are you cleaning the areas that smwilliamson has said? I do that area at least twice a season, clean all others weekly.

If you need one, go here: http://woodheatstoves.com/quadrafire-mt-vernon-ae-c-292_90_99_193_201.html

I was able to get things much faster here than through a QF distributor (QF won't sell direct).

I replaced the ignitor today,and it is working fine.I was alittle dissapointed that my warranty ran out 15 days ago but thats just the way it goes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.