Quality Wood Pellets on pelletsales.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Patriot

Jan 19, 2007
Southeastern Mass
Sorry for those who already read this in the hearth room.

For those in the Northeast, I was just curious about prices at pelletsales.com and noticed they are having a clearance on Quality Wood Pellets. I can’t endorse the product, I’ve never used them, but they are listed as premium pellets with .3% ash. They are selling for $179 per ton in 1.4 tons increments.

I’m not looking to buy myself at this point, but I figured I’d pass this on.

I can endorse Pelletsales.com though. Great service, good prices.

I saw that out there today as well and called them to inquire about the quality of those pellets. they said they are top notch and that they have had zero complaints. I'm planning on ordering 4 pallets myself. That is an outstanding "delivered" price.

With a name like "quality wood pellets" you'd hope the quality would be there, but I don't think that is a guarantee ;-)

Thanks Patriot... I'm probably gonna end up getting another ton or so to get me through the rest of the chilly weather, so I'll definitely check this out.

If anyone knows anything about these pellets, please let me know.

Thanks (and go pats!)

Pelletsales.com is a broker that used MANY brands
just depends on were you are.

hearthtools said:
Pelletsales.com is a broker that used MANY brands
just depends on were you are.

Yes, I have ordered twice from them. 4 tons of New England Canadian (Green Label) and 4 tons of New Bio Energie. No problems with either.

abrucerd said:
Thanks Patriot... I'm probably gonna
end up getting another ton or so to get me through the rest of the chilly weather, so I'll definitely check this out.

If anyone knows anything about these pellets, please let me know.

Thanks (and go pats!)

I have never heard of these pellets but I too have purchased from
pelletsales.com twice with excellent results.
If you want them delivered, they require an order of 2 tons or more.
Don't know if you have storage space, but you'd make out well
(assuming the pellets are of good quality as stated on their site) if you
can order your next years supply plus whatever you think you need
to finish off this season.

On another note:
I'm in the Avon, Holbrook, Randolph area if anyone out there is
close to me maybe we can get a few people to go in on a large, multiple
drop order around May/June. The more in the order the better the price.
Please send me a pm if anyone is nearby and interested.

I have used the Quality Brand Wood Pellets, I like them, they burn well in Harmans and Whitfields in my experience. The only down side I can pass on is the packaging. I have seen many tons ruined by water. Check the tons at the bottom for swelling and all that but if they are dry they burn well.

I've checked pelletsales.com for pricing and have yet to see what I would consider a good price.
209 at best ..which I might consider an ok price except the HD has a ton locally for 189.
Is there someplace on pelletsales.com that shows a clearance price or something...every way I have checked has at best been 209 for my area.

rayttt said:
I've checked pelletsales.com for pricing and have yet to see what I would consider a good price.
209 at best ..which I might consider an ok price except the HD has a ton locally for 189.
Is there someplace on pelletsales.com that shows a clearance price or something...every way I have checked has at best been 209 for my area.

In our area, it's much higher, so pelletsales.com is definitely worth it.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of pelletsales.com either. I can get them cheaper in my home area. Their delivery charges are just was out of line.

rayttt said:
I've checked pelletsales.com for pricing
and have yet to see what I would consider a good price.

Might just be ok for your area, but considering that oil is close to $3.5/gal in my neck of the woods,
and my backup is oil heat, I'd pay the above price for pellets in a heartbeat. It seems that us folks in
New England seem to benefit the most from their prices. My local Home Depot wanted
$280 for a ton last time I checked. :ahhh:

wow...280 per ton?? home depot is buying them nationally apparently as the ones from HD here are from alabama..
I guess they have no standardization of prices then .. at 280 per ton..it would be cheaper to run the fuel oil.

from my limited experience pelletsales.com is a very localized service right now.

I have heard it does ok in Massachusettes area, but not as well in some other areas....

This is probbaly to be expected...

I wish them luck, and hope they are able to grow

They are not (as of yet) a better deal in upstate NY

280....yikes. There 200-220 ton here.

adkdadto4 said:
from my limited experience pelletsales.com is a very localized service right now.

I have heard it does ok in Massachusettes area, but not as well in some other areas....

This is probbaly to be expected...

I wish them luck, and hope they are able to grow

They are not (as of yet) a better deal in upstate NY

They will broker loads in Wisconsin - thats a bit west of you!

I almost bought,but by the time I ordered they were out. I am paying 265 a ton del for NEWP green bags. Same day delivery,in my opnion cheaper than oil at 3.32 a gallon....at least I am a lot warmer than 68.House is a toasty 72 even when it is 4 outside...

I am glad to hear it.

But if you read more closely you will see that I say localized( not isolated..). I mean that ins some local markets they are great- in others they are not.
Wisconsin is one of those areas apparently..

Massachusettes I have also heard good things from.
Other areas not so much

I am not knockign them- I wish them well more competition the better....

(and they are willing to broker to my area-- they are just not competitive in doing so)

I am heartened by the success of pelletsales.com Are they perfect? No, but they are bringing a valuable service to a good number of folks. Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are laughing all the way to the bank as oil hits $103.00 per barrell. Pelletsales.com is Yankee ingenuity fighting back.

Got my 4.2 tons of "quality" wood pellets from pelletssales.com last weekend. The delivery went smoothly though they were not able to give me an accurate window of time that they'd be coming. Not a major inconvenience for me on that particular day, but worth noting.
The pellets themselves seemed to be well wrapped and well protected and I actually took a good look at all 210 bags as I loaded them in to the basement. In the whole lot I found 3 bags with some water damage. Within those 3 bags i'd say about 15 pounds of pellets were damaged. Not too bad for such a large lot.

So far so good with the way they are burning. They seem to burn a bit hotter (as advertised) than the hardwood NE pellets I had been using, and I have had zero issues with clinkers after 7 bags.
I am noticing the glass on my St Croix is "filming" up much more than it seems to with the NE Hardwoods. However, ash build-up inside the stove appears to be similar to NE Hardwoods (nothing unusual).
233 per ton delivered is an excellent deal in my area. I'll definitely order from them again next year if I can get that price again.

yes..I wish them the best of luck also..its all good ..I may even buy some..if all the sources locally are not what I would like in the way of pellets..I still have 1 more store (lowes) to check locally. If their pellets dont stack up to the energex's that Ive used or better..then Ill probably shoot for the next sale from them.
Im just confused on the wide variance on pricing in all locations.

rayttt said:
wow...280 per ton?? at 280 per ton..it would be cheaper to run the fuel oil.

Yeah maybe so I didn't do the math on that but, lucky for me I pre-purchased
my full winter supply from pelletsales.com in the summer for $218/ton delivered. ;-)

rayttt said:

Me too. I'd like to say that it is transportation costs, but the order I got from pelletsales came from a vendor/lumber yard down in mass (at least 90 miles away).
Better yet...these particular pellets were manufactured in Princeton Brittish Columbia! Over 5000 miles away. So they logged some serious mileage before making it to my house. It boggles the mind that it is more expensive for me to get a ton or Naragansett (manu- RI) from the place down the street.....or a ton of Corinth pellets produced inside the state.
Honestly I do not understand how pelletsales was able to offer these pellets to folks in the NorthEast for that price.

mkmh said:
rayttt said:
It boggles the mind that it is more expensive for me to get a ton or Naragansett (manu- RI) from the place down the street.....or a ton of Corinth pellets produced inside the state.

I agree. Price gouging may be hitting the pellet supplies lol. I read an ad for a hardware store in Lebanon Maine(next town over from me)...they were advertising pellets...279 a ton!! I'm like...what are they high. lol...When I can go just up the road from me and get them for 230 a ton for NEWP lol.....and I can get Corinth Pellets for 240. lol Its crazy. I could go right to the Corinth Plant and but direct.....but dont know if I want to drive all that way....but then again....my father in law lives 10 minutes from the plant lol...so we could get pellets while we visit. :)

if you bought them from corinth plant direct how much would they be?

Status
Not open for further replies.