Qudra-Fire 1200i snapdisc 3 keeps blowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSwanson

Nov 20, 2009
Upstate NY
I have a Qudra-fire 1200i, has been maintained and cleaned every year. The other day snap disc 3 shorted out. The metal in the disc acually melted out. I replaced and 3 days later it has done the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Stove is unplugged and staying that way.
Thanks,
Dan

1200i insert
Harmon XXV
Love both

What is snap disc #3 controlling? Maybe the component has a short. Drawing more amps that neccesary. I think the snap disks are amp rated. Like a fuse. Could also be a short in the wiring some where.

Better do some digging and testing.

jay

On my QF 1200 freestanding snap disc 3 is the back burn protector

If the insert isn't actually burning fuel in the feed tube, it is possible that hot exhaust gases have caused it to fail, the part has the same rating (250 degrees) as the over temperature snap disc.

If your exhaust is blocked or any thing that would cause the feed tube to become the path of least resistance for the exhaust could cause this to happen.

dswanson6 said:
I have a Qudra-fire 1200i, has been maintained and cleaned every year. The other day snap disc 3 shorted out. The metal in the disc acually melted out. I replaced and 3 days later it has done the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Stove is unplugged and staying that way.
Thanks,
Dan

1200i insert
Harmon XXV
Love both

....dan.......did your 7 amp fuse blow at the same time this happened? .........cc

Status
Not open for further replies.