Question about Pellet Stove combustion blowers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

risingfish

Oct 27, 2018
Boise, ID
The combustion blower on my Avalon Newport is getting kind of noisy so I just bought a new one. This is the blower: combustion blower link

I just got it and I noticed that where the motor axle goes through the plate to the fan/impeller itself, there's a fairly significant gap (3/32" around roughly). I.E. there's nothing physically keeping the smoke in. I've been thinking about it a bit and I am wondering if a physical barrier is unnecessary here? The way blowers/pumps work is by throwing the air to the outside of the pump housing and out the outlet. Is that what will happen here as well?

I'm waiting for the pellet stove to cool down so I haven't had a chance to physically inspect the old one yet.

when the blower is running it with have a small amount of vacuum around the opening and shaft. all stove have the same opening/gap

I have one more question if someone has time. I don't see any indication which motor wire goes to the black and white wires from the wiring harness. Does it matter? The motor looks like it runs straight off of mains so I'm guessing it doesn't?

nope don't matter