question about refueling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.hedstrom

Oct 18, 2008
Epsom, NH
I have an Englander 25PDV, and in the owners manual it says to always hit the off button befor refueling the unit. It also states how the stove is designed to operate continuously so frequent shutdown is not required. My question is how do I go about doing this? Do I just hit the off button, refill, and then turn on again?, or do I have to wait for the whole 20 minute shutdown feature and then open the lid. I understand that there is a vaccume system to the stove, and I wasn't sure what opening the hopper lid would do to the air intake and exhaust. Its my first year useing the stove, and so far I have only needed it on a few nights, but soon enough I will need to have the stove going for much longer periods of time and I dont want a long daily shutdown/refueling procedure.

I have the same question.

I have a 25PDV...called Englander about the same question...They told me they have C.Y.A. by putting that in the manual...Pellet Stoves for Dummies in other words...If you open the hopper...Add fuel...and close it, you will not get burn back...don't let it run to low...you can open the hopper while it's running...just don't leave it open and forget about it...

Smudge88 said:
I have a 25PDV...called Englander about the same question...They told me they have C.Y.A. by putting that in the manual...Pellet Stoves for Dummies in other words...If you open the hopper...Add fuel...and close it, you will not get burn back...don't let it run to low...you can open the hopper while it's running...just don't leave it open and forget about it...

I've been burning a PDVC for 4 years. Open it up and fill it up, don't worry about it (as long as you remember to close it). My son forgot to close the hopper once and left the house, it ran for about 3 hours open till I got home, no problem. But I wouldn't advise it.

Thanks millions for your input!

yup, do it...no problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.