Question for Hearthstone Shelburne Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
I used a mirror and looked underneath the left front corner of the stove, to look at the sliding cover over the air intake opening. When the adjusting lever is in the fully closed position, there is still about a 1/8" wide opening into the stove. Is this normal, or should you be able to close the air intake completely? (I can't see any way to adjust the slide).

Sounds very intentional, our PE is the same way. EPA stoves always supply some air to the fire to avoid oxygen starvation and smoldering.

Thanks, BeGreen, that makes sense. Can any Shelburne owners confirm that theirs are the same as mine?

Thanks, Dave. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to shut down a runaway fire, but if they're made like that, then I'm sure I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.